Other courses vs Yoga Coach
Before your average 200h training :
A typical online 200h training, and we know this from experience, is a series of hoops you have to jump through to get a certificate. There might or might not be valuable lessons in there, that depends on the course and teacher. The estimated average price is 150 dollars for a 200h online RYT Yoga certificate, and in our opinion it's a coin toss if you get any value even out of that low price.
During your average 200h:
Be prepared for reading The Manual, sitting through drawn out zoom lectures, learning legacy yoga history and philosophy not connected to modern life or science, learning sanskrit that your students will not understand, learning latin names for body parts, and much more along those lines.
After taking your average 200h:
The first thing you'll consider after finishing your 200h is when to take your 300h to be a 500h registered teacher. Why? Because of the confusion and insecurity you feel, and you have no real idea of where to begin to improve your own yoga practice, teaching skills or how to make a career out of it.
After your average 500h:
Now you took your 300h and reached the highest possible level of acreditation. But you still dont have a good sense of what Yoga means for yourself and your students, how to turn your passion into a vocation without losing your self practice, or how to teach in a way that appeals to all body types.
Your other option:
This course prioritizes differently from the average.
Becoming a Yoga Coach, you will get:
- A well rounded self practice from the video library.
- Unintimidating/non-judging practice teaching in 1-on-1 groups where you'll learn the most valuable lessons from each other. (This is the most liked feature of our courses ever)
- Template classes to have a clear starting point as a fresh teacher, making it easy for you to fill your classes and become profitable in your new career
- You'll learn theory that's directly linked to the practical,
- You get as many opportunities as you want to use yourself as an example and demonstrate your challenges in a live problem solving /brainstorming setting where you will learn useful concepts based on your specific example.
It is hard to compare this course to other courses, because it's a apples to organges comparison.
We know for sure though, that if you are an indepentent thinker that enjoys challenges and are not interested in getting a diploma, but love yoga and want to learn how to share it well, you want lots of teaching and practice experience in well designed classes, and if you want to become profitable in a Yoga career, this is, by far, your best option.